July 12, 2011

Skates and Pillows and Pepper Shakers...

Did a little reveling in thrifty goodness yesterday via an hour or so rummaging in my local Goodwill. And what did you find, Amber June?

Why, I'm so glad you asked.


A new pair of roller skates for each of my kiddos, ready whenever they feel like socking-up their nearly-always-bare summer feet.

 

A pair of pretty purple pillows (say that ten times fast).



And this...carved? patterned?...ceramic set of salt & pepper shakers, handmade by some local artisan here in my own home town twenty years ago. 

Not bad for an hour and a few bucks.

I'll be linking this post to Rhoda's Monday Thrifting Party treasury (even though it is now Tuesday :)) over at Southern Hospitality--go check out what everyone else found!

How about you? Have you had any great thrifting finds of late?

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely blog! I love thrifting but haven't found time yet this summer. I'm going to be looking for sports sweatshirts to make sweatshirt totes for a craft show.

    ReplyDelete