December 12, 2011

Five Years Ago

Five years ago today, we met you.


Our little boy.


I think, at about this time that morning, Daddy and I were huddled together on the bathroom floor of our hospital room in Ketchum, Idaho, cradling you and kissing you and filling the bathtub because already we'd discovered you liked the sound of running water.



You were colicky- that means you cried for the first six months of your life, everyday for about nine hours.
And then, all of a sudden, you were tired of crying. You stopped and seemed to decide it was time to 
laugh instead. You made us all laugh with you, too.


You bring us joy with your smiles and silly songs and made-up jokes and dances.
You soften our hearts with your tender sweetness.
We are blessed to have you in our family, Riley.
I am so grateful to be your mamma.


Happy Birthday my boy.
I love you.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Riley!! I hope he had a fantastic day, and the rest of you, too :)

    ReplyDelete