October 10, 2011

Crazy Mad Bliss

Hello blogland. It's been awhile.
I've been in this state of overdrive lately...this manic zone of crazy mad bliss. 
Between my husband (who has been working in another state for over a year) getting ready to come home (that's the bliss part) and the finalization of the decision that the kids and I will not be moving to town-that-shall-remain-nameless-where-I-really-didn't-want-to-live to join him (more bliss), the madness of getting ready to attend Quilt Market at the end of this month, and the craziness of everyday, homeschooling-Mamma life, I feel like I've hardly had a second to breathe. 

whew!

So I'm taking it now. Fingers on the type keys. Words calming like a favorite blanket and a cup of tea.

Okay. That was good. Moving on to the multiple purposes of this post.

1. Amber June Studios on Etsy. I have a few fun new things in the shop that I wanted to share. Like:




All upcyled materials. All handmade vintage pretty (if I do say so myself).

2. Books. I have come into some a*maz*ing*  vintage books lately and I am itching to get them photographed and listed in my shop, but it probably won't happen until after QM. But it will happen, so keep your eye on the shop...

3. Quilt Market! I am so excited to be attending the ol' International QM in Houston at the end of this month. Now you may be asking, what is Quilt Market? And, some of you who know me may be adding, And why are you going because you don't really quilt? Well, you can click here for a very nice 'what is quilt market' definition from Miss Sarah Jane if you like, or you can just keep reading and fumble through my awkward explanation. It's basically a tradeshow for all things fabric and sewing. I am going to be co-teaching (alongside my bestie) what they call a School House. Which is just a catchy name for what any other tradeshow that is not run by crafty-creative types would call a 'work shop.' Our 'School House' session will be on incorporating solid color fabrics into your sewing projects, with my particular emphasis on embroidery. So...long way 'round to a short point... I would love to meet any and all of you who might be attending! We could get some lunch. Chit-chat. That sort of thing. Send me an email and let me know if our paths might cross.

And... item number 4. Because of all the Crazy-Mad-Bliss going on around here, this is probably my sign-off for the rest of the month. Most likely. But I will be back in early November with all the news. And pics. And handmade-vintage-pretty goodness. So stay tuned, blogland. And enjoy all your own moments of bliss.

xo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment