January 16, 2012

My Bow Tie Boy

My handsome little guy, who was so sick over Christmas, 
was finally feeling up to some photos yesterday after church.


Every Christmas, I make a vest and (sometimes) a tie for Riley to coordinate with the dress I make for Laurelei.


This year, I tried my hand at a bow tie for the first time, using a brilliant and super -simple tutorial from A Lemon Squeezy Home  (thanks to Liesel for the tip!)



I paired it with a vest upcycled from an old cashmere cardigan, and what might be one of my favorite thrifty-goodness finds of all time, this a-dor-a-ble vintage red corduroy blazer.


Yup, that's my handsome boy.

I'm so happy with how it turned out. Sewing for boys can be tough. Last year Riley took one look at his vest/tie combo and said, "Are you sure this isn't for Laurelei? It's kinda girly."

So here's hoping this last one kicks off a long run of non-girly sewing. For Riles anyway. 

xo

p.s. Daddy took the photos this time. You can see more of his portrait work here.

1 comment:

  1. The whole thing turned out sooooo cute!! ..in an absolutely, totally non-feminine way of course. I didn't see the jacket in person, that IS to a to die for thrifting find!

    ReplyDelete